All The Benefits Of Basil In Just A Few Drops A Day
While Basil is popular as a culinary herb and as a popular folk remedy for ailments like bug bites and nausea, it also has several documented medical benefits upon regular consumption. Durmeric’s Basil Concentrate Herbal Drops consists of nano-emulsified Basil extract that provides all the benefits of Basil in a highly bio-available form. This means that you could get all the benefits of Basil in as much as just one drop a day.
Boost Memory & Improve Neurological Health
Basil extract contains active compounds that have shown documented benefits in improving memory and other neurological benefits, such as
Protect Against Lifestyle Diseases
While lifestyle diseases show a marked increase in the general population, extracts from herbs like Basil have shown clear benefits at protecting against lifestyle disorders, such as
Protect Against Certain Types Of Cancer
Basil extract’s antiproliferative properties have been well tested against human cancer cell lines. Basil extract has been shown to exhibit
Modern science has just started catching up with the various wonderful medicinal benefits of Basil. Durmeric’s Basil Concentrate Herbal Drops ensure that you get all the goodness of Basil everyday, in the most bio-available form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Basil, also known as Tulsi, is a herb of the mint family and consists of many chemical ingredients that prove to be good for your health. Basil is considered to be the richest source of vitamin C, calcium, potassium and iron. Basil extract offers several health benefits making it ideal for treating conditions like stomach seizures, intestinal issues, kidney-related issues, accumulation of fluids and is considered very useful for treating warts and even worm infections. Furthermore, it helps promote blood circulation and the flow of breast milk in women after childbirth. People who tend to catch a cold or suffer from throat infections can also use Basil drops to gargle. Another variety of Basil that is known as sweet Basil is also used in food to add flavour.
Apart from just diluting 2 to 3 drops of concentrated holy basil extract in 200 ml (one glass) water, one can consume the very beneficial herbal tulsi in tea and juices as well.
- In tea, dilute 2 to 3 drops of concentrated Basil herbal extract for maximum absorption.
- In Juices, dilute four drops of concentrated Basil herbal extract.
- In 1 litre and 20 litres of water, dilute ten drops and 10 mL of concentrated Basil herbal extract for maximum absorption.
The best part about basil extract is it has less than two calories with a single serving leaf that is almost equivalent to 2 tablespoons of the serving extract. While serving dried Basil, the calories remain the same, but the serving size becomes half than that of a fresh green leaf. While speaking about the calories in Basil or sabja seed extract, it consists of a considerable amount of carbohydrate that is present in the form of fibre and lesser amounts of fat and protein. So, with one serving fresh basil leaf, you will be able to find less than one gram carbohydrate and around one gram carbohydrate in a single dried leaf. However, consumption of a healthy dose of basil drops can help to increase your vitamin K, A, folate, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium levels in your body. But it would be too much to expect a significant boost in your vitamin or mineral level in your body after consuming just one fresh basil leaf.
- Fights free radical activity- Basil extract is considered as one of the best antioxidants as it consists of anthocyanins and beta carotene that protects body tissues against the free radical damage. Antioxidants are necessary for our body as it helps in eliminating free radicals which are unstable molecules originating as a result of low metabolism or other activities like smoking or leading an unhealthy lifestyle. The presence of free radicals in your body may give rise to cell damage or possibly a disease, so it is essential to add a sufficient amount of antioxidants in your body. Even though our body produces some amount of antioxidants and some are again absorbed from your diet, your body may still need more antioxidants to neutralise the effect of free radicals. Basil also consists of two important water-soluble flavonoid antioxidants that help to strengthen the overall immunity system, protect the cellular structure and reduce the signs of skin ageing. Scientists have also found that oxidative stress can also give rise to conditions like cancer, heart diseases, diabetes, arthritis. Hence, it is always the best idea to keep the oxidative stress level under control.
- Supports liver function- The substantial oxidising property of the sabja seeds extract or Basil shows strong detoxifying properties that prove very helpful for liver health. There is no doubt that the liver plays a crucial role in metabolism, and Basil helps to boost the activities of the liver by preventing the accumulation of fat-build-up.
- Fighting cancer- According to a report that was published in the year 2013, it demonstrated the basil extract could help to prevent cancer in skin, liver, mouth and even lungs due to the phytochemicals present in it. Well, this is only possible due to the autoxidising effect of the sabja seeds that helps in modifying the gene expression, triggers cell death and slows down the cell division method.
- Prevents skin ageing- The sweet basil leaf extract has a cleansing effect, especially for oily skin and helps to boost up your skin from within by removing all the dirt and impurities from the pores. The sweet Basil also protects the skin by reducing the effects of ageing. According to some recent reports, the use of basil leaf extract in some of the topical creams has noticeably improved your skin hydration and reduced the signs of ageing. However, it would help if you remember that this requires using a specific dose of the basil extract herbal drops to fetch the best result on the skin rather than consuming raw leaves.
- Diabetes Management- Consumption of the basil drops in just the right amount will significantly help reduce the release of sugar in the blood as it has a very low glycemic load. The best part about the basil leaf extract is the presence of essential oil that helps to cut down the triglyceride and cholesterol levels in the body. As high triglyceride and cholesterol levels are considered hazardous for health, especially for people with diabetes.
- Supporting cardiovascular health- The sweet basil extract is beneficial in reducing the high blood pressure due to the presence of the eugenol content in it. The eugenol noticeably blocks the calcium channels in the body and lowers high blood pressure within a couple of minutes.
- Fights depression- Mental stress and depression have all been a part of maximum people's daily life, but this herb is believed to have the capability to stimulate the neurotransmitters. The neurotransmitters are such hormones that are responsible for inducing mood and energy. Therefore, the basil drops are considered as one of the most potent adaptogens or anti-stress agent that helps with the following condition-
- Alleviate stress, anxiety and depression
- Boost up the ability to think and reason
- Prevent memory loss due to ageing
- Improves sleep and sex drive
The basil drops are known to have an innumerable number of benefits if added to your daily diet routine. Apart from being used in aromatherapy, it is also used to combat symptoms related to fatigue and exhaustion. A combination of Basil, peppermint and helichrysum oils also boosts up the mental vigilance of people who are lethargic. Some other fantastic benefits that are associated with Basil extract herbal drops are mentioned below-
- Helps to relieve headache
- Alleviates stomach discomfort
- Cures Diarrhoea
- Helps to boost up kidney conditions
- Manages common cold and flu
- Eliminated warts and parasitic infections
- Works as the best cure for snake and insect bites
- Appetite stimulant
- Breastfeeding women may use it for stimulating lactation
- Women may have before or after childbirth to improve the blood circulation level
- Even though several types of research have been conducted to find the effectiveness of basil extract herbal drop, but due to the absence of some clinical evidence the safety and efficacy of the Basil extract herbal drops is still unknown.
Consuming a freshly plucked basil leaf or drinking soaked organic sabja seeds water with just the right amount of food will not give rise to any complications. But when it comes to having the Basil extract herbal drop, then it must be taken in the right amount just like a medicine. Short term use of the basil extract is generally safe, but there are chances that people may experience a low blood sugar level on prolonged use. Consuming other parts of the plant and using the basil drop for a long-term is not considered safe as the chemical content in it may give rise to liver cancer.
For all pregnant and breastfeeding mothers- It is safe if the organic sabja seeds extract taken with the right food amount for a short time. But extensive medicinal amounts are not safe due to the presence of a chemical content in it that may trigger liver cancer.
For children- The right dose with just the right amount of food is harmless in children, but prolonged intake of the same can give rise to some adverse side effects.
Bleeding disorders- Basil herbal drops help in improving blood circulation. As a result, it can vastly increase bleeding and slows down the formation of blood clots.
Lowers blood pressure- The basil extract helps to reduce the blood pressure; hence people with low blood pressure must avoid having these herbal drops.
Surgery- Since herbal basil drops promote blood flow and slow down the formation of blood clots, anyone undergoing a surgical procedure must stop having this at least two weeks before undergoing surgery or as instructed by your doctor.
Blood clotting- The sabja seed or basil extract is rich in vitamin K that is responsible for increasing the risk of bleeding during a surgical process. Generally, one tablespoon of the basil extract renders approximately 10.8 mcg of vitamin K and the standard requirement in an average healthy body of a human being is between 9 to 12 per cent. However, you must know that a higher level of vitamin K in the blood can affect the action of some medications like warfarin. So people who have been using some blood thinners should always consult with their surgeon about their dose of Basil herbal drop.
Allergic reaction- Some people may also experience some allergic reactions due to the consumption of any extract that belongs to the mint family. So people who are allergic to Basil must consult with their surgeon before taking any doses of basil extract herbal drops. Mild allergic conditions may give rise to difficulty in breathing, eating, and a worst-case scenario, it can give rise to severe conditions like anaphylaxis which may be life-threatening as well.
Durmeric offers the purest Ayurvedic herbal drops that are extracted directly from the herbs that are readily available in nature. Durmeric's research and development team utilise several scientific techniques like Nanoemulsion and Advanced Extraction based on Global Pharmacological standards that guarantee that all the goodness of the active ingredients that are not just soluble in water but also the insoluble active ingredients. These are derived in the form of other extracts or chemicals so that they do not easily get absorbed by powder, tablets or hot water decoction of the fresh herbs.
We at Durmeric make sure that all our products go through monitoring procedures throughout the supply chain that begins with raw material ingredient testing, manufacturing unit testing, final product testing and also screening the final package. We purchase the raw materials from the farmers directly who use ethical and sustainable harvesting methods without using chemical-based pesticides, only if the herbs are free from toxic chemicals, and if its quality is up to the mark. Durmeric favours adhering to the standard testing protocol tools LC and HPTLC that are used to measure the correctness of our products. The formulation and dosage of the products are determined based on the reports of the clinical studies that ensure that you receive the premium and the best side-effect-free natural herbal product at the best price.
Other Herbal Utility Kits
|Helps treat Alzheimer’s. Reduce memory loss associated with stress and aging||
Ayuob NN, El Wahab MGA, Ali
SS, Abdel-Tawab HS. Ocimum
basilicum improve chronic stressinduced
changes in mice hippocampus.
Metab Brain Dis. 2018;33(3):
Sarahroodi S, Esmaeili S, Mikaili P, Hemmati Z, Saberi Y. The effects of green Ocimum basilicum hydroalcoholic extract on retention and retrieval of memory in mice. Anc Sci Life. 2012;31(4):185-189. doi: 10.4103/0257-7941.107354
|Reduce depression related to chronic stress. Basil is a good anti-depressant||
Ali SS, Abd El Wahab MG, Ayuob
NN, Suliaman M. The
antidepressant-like effect of
Ocimum basilicum in an animal
model of depression. Biotech
Ayuob NN, Firgany AEL, El- Mansy AA, Ali S. Can Ocimum basilicum relieve chronic unpredictable mild stress-induced depression in mice?. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;103(2):153-161. doi: 10.1016/j.yexmp.2017.08.007
|https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 28800278/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 28823898/|
|Helps treat diabetes. Reduces cholesterol, triglycerides and fasting blood sugar||
Ezeani C, Ezenyi I, Okoye T, Okoli
C. Ocimum basilicum extract
exhibits antidiabetic effects via
inhibition of hepatic glucose
mobilization and carbohydrate
metabolizing enzymes. J Intercult
Published 2017 Jan 3. doi:
El-Beshbishy H, Bahashwan S. Hypoglycemic effect of basil (Ocimum basilicum) aqueous extract is mediated through inhibition of α-glucosidase and α- amylase activities: an in vitro study. Toxicol Ind Health. 2012;28(1):42-50. doi: 10.1177/0748233711403193
Amrani S, Harnafi H, Bouanani Nel H, et al. Hypolipidaemic activity of aqueous Ocimum basilicum extract in acute hyperlipidaemia induced by triton WR-1339 in rats and its antioxidant property. Phytother Res. 2006;20(12):1040-1045. doi: 10.1002/ptr.1961
|https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 28163956/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 21636683/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 17006976/|
|Reduces blood pressure and hypertension||Umar A, Imam G, Yimin W, et al. Antihypertensive effects of Ocimum basilicum L. (OBL) on blood pressure in renovascular hypertensive rats. Hypertens Res. 2010;33(7):727-730. doi:10.1038/ hr.2010.64||https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 20448636/|
|Prevent certain cancers, including of the breast, colon and pancreas||
Fitsiou E, Mitropoulou G,
Spyridopoulou K, et al.
Phytochemical Profile and
Evaluation of the Biological
Activities of Essential Oils Derived
from the Greek Aromatic Plant
Species Ocimum basilicum,
Mentha spicata, Pimpinella
anisum and Fortunella margarita.
Published 2016 Aug 16. doi:
Elansary HO, Mahmoud EA. In vitro antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of six international basil cultivars. Nat Prod Res. 2015;29(22): 2149-2154. doi: 10.1080/14786419.2014.995653
|https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 27537869/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 25554015/|
|Acts as an anti-biotic, including combating antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria||El-Soud NH, Deabes M, El- Kassem LA, Khalil M. Chemical Composition and Antifungal Activity of Ocimum basilicum L. Essential Oil. Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2015;3(3): 374-379. doi:10.3889/oamjms. 2015.082||https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 27275253/|
|Helps treating gastric ulcers||Abd El-Ghffar EA , Al-Sayed E , Shehata SM , Eldahshan OA , Efferth T . The protective role of Ocimum basilicum L. (Basil) against aspirin-induced gastric ulcer in mice: Impact on oxidative stress, inflammation, motor deficits and anxiety-like behavior. Food Funct. 2018;9(8):4457-4468. doi:10.1039/c8fo00538a||https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 30073231/|
|Anti-ageing effects on skin (external use)||Rasul A., Akhtar N. Formulation and in vivo evaluation for antiaging effects of an emulsion containing basil extract using non- invasive biophysical techniques. Daru. 2011; 19(5): 344–350||Upload pdf and give internal link|